You may always be found in contempt of court for violating any court order of the Family Court system. Regardless of your exes situation with his transportation, you are not able to change the rules of a court order and less you motion the court to modify the rules that of been set in place. Many people ask me a number of different scenarios believing that if the situation changes, then somehow the rules must change also, nothing could be farther from the truth. Unless you go to court and file a motion for modification of a court order or judgment, no changes can be made unless they are already part of the order in place. There are certain exceptions to this rule obviously, a criminal complaint against one of the parents for sexually abusing the child forces some emergency protocol to come in to action. But short of one parent doing something that could seriously endanger a child, you must always go to court to modify a court order.
Joseph F. Botelho, Esq.

Attorneys At Law

901 Eastern Ave.
Unit 2
Fall River, MA 02723

Office:  888-269-0688


#child, #support, #custody, #divorce, #lawyer, #attorney, #separation, #family, #probate, #alimony, #separation, #family law, #family law attorneys, #familylawcourt