TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS MASSACHUSETTS AND RHODE ISLAND
Truck accidents are much more likely to cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities than any other type of accident on the road. Tractor-trailers and 18 wheelers are so heavy that occupants of passenger cars don’t have much protection in a crash, and truck accidents are also more likely to cause explosions and fires. Commercial trucking companies are required to have larger liability insurance policies to cover lawsuits, making it possible for victims to collect the money they need to assist with their physical and financial recovery. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, quick action is needed to ensure that evidence is preserved and deadlines are met. The Botelho Law Group is the top truck accident law firm in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, serving Bristol, Plymouth and Norfolk counties. Were you injured or involved in a truck accident? Contact the best truck accident lawyers in Fall River, Massachusetts at the Botelho Law Group to handle your case. Call (888) 269-0988 to schedule a free confidential consultation.
Injuries From Truck Accidents
Truck accident victims often sustain life altering injuries that require multiple surgeries and months, or even years, or rehabilitation. The cost of care will expend most insurance policies, and large expenses are especially difficult to cope with while in poor health and unable to work. These are some of the catastrophic injuries suffered by victims of truck accidents in Massachusetts and Rhode Island:
- Broken Bones: The force from a high impact truck accident can cause severe fractures to the extremities, pelvis, sternum, facial bones and ribs. Repairing displaced fractures usually requires surgery to repair. Open fractures, where the bone protrudes through the skin and complete fractures, where the bone is severed can require multiple surgeries and extensive rehabilitation.
- Spine Injuries: Whiplash, bulging discs and herniated discs can cause chronic pain and require months or years of therapy. Spinal cord injuries (SCIs,) where the cord is fractured, displaced or severed can cause loss of sensation and function from the point of injury downward, resulting in conditions such as paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Head Injuries: Even the mildest head injury requires immediate medical attention, but more severe head injuries can cause life long complications. Traumatic Brain Injuries (TMIs) can cause loss of function and cognition that can require many years of rehabilitation and assistance with the needs of daily living.
- Burns: First degree burns can heal on their own, but third and fourth degree burns can be life threatening. Severe burns may require skin grafting to repair and cause damage to internal organs.
Access to the highest quality care in a timely manner is the key to restoring function for seriously injured truck accident victims. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced Massachusetts and Rhode Island truck accident attorney that knows how to collect the highest possible amount of monetary compensation as quickly as possible. The Botelho Law Group is the top truck accident law firm in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, serving Bristol, Plymouth and Norfolk counties. Call (888) 269-0988 to schedule a free confidential consultation.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Despite strict federal laws that mandate how often truck drivers should sleep and rest between jobs, greed drives trucking companies to push their drivers to ignore these rules. These are some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Massachusetts and Rhode Island:
- Distracted Driving
- Equipment Failure
- Poor Maintenance
- Insufficient Training
- Improper Loading of Cargo
- Weather Conditions
It’s often more than one cause that contributes to a truck accident, such as a truck driver that’s speeding during heavy rain. It often requires an immediate thorough investigation to prove how a truck accident happened. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced Massachusetts and Rhode Island truck accident attorney that knows how to go up against the truck company’s insurance company. The Botelho Law Group is the top truck accident law firm in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, serving Bristol, Plymouth and Norfolk counties. Call (888) 269-0988 to schedule a free confidential consultation.
Massachusetts and Rhode Island Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents often involve severe or catastrophic injuries and multiple defendants including cargo loading companies, manufacturers and municipalities. In order to successfully collect the very large amount of compensation you’re entitled to, it’s important to hire a firm that’s experienced with large complicated truck accident cases. That’s why more people in Massachusetts and Rhode Island trust the Botelho Law Group, serving Bristol, Plymouth and Norfolk counties. Contact the best truck accident lawyers in Fall River, Massachusetts at the Botelho Law Group to handle your case. Call (888) 269-0988 to schedule a free confidential consultation.
Joseph F. Botelho, Esq.
BOTELHO LAW GROUP
Attorneys At Law
901 Eastern Ave.
Fall River, MA 02723